Hugo Chavez's Bolivarian Revolution - JLC 8-week Class
Time & Location
About the Event
The Bolivarian Revolution, a political process in Venezuela led by President Hugo Chavez, sought to build an inter-American coalition to implement a nationalist and state-led economy emphasizing anti-imperialism, participatory democracy, and economic self-sufficiency. Join Lorin as he focuses on this interesting historical period from 1992 to 2013, covering:
• the historical background and consequences of this transformative revolution
• the enduring nature of the populist element of the revolution
• the importance of the military/civilian cooperation in the revolution
• the geopolitical implications of oil to the Venezuelan economy
• Chavez's challenge to Global Neo-liberalism
• Chavez's struggle with the Yankee Goliath from the north
The text for the class is Hugo Chavez and the Bolivarian Revolution by Richard Gott.
Class Dates: September 18, 25, October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, November 6. Cost for 8 classes: $80.
- Register and PAY BY CC/PAYPAL$80$800$0
- Register and PAY BY CHECK$0$00$0