Welcome to The Jenks Center
You Do Make A Difference
Did you know that your Jenks Center is unique among senior centers in the whole northeast as an independent, not-for-profit organization? Virtually all other senior centers are agencies of the local town government. As such these other organizations are restricted in what they can offer to their constituents. In contrast, your Jenks develops programs and events that are proposed by those who actually come to the Center. As of today there are over 100 such programs and events for socializing, exercise, health, travel and education at your Jenks Center. Such offerings, however, carry with them costs that the minimal charges for events cannot possibly cover.
And so, each year your Jenks Center turns to the public seeking support to help make certain your Jenks Center can continue to offer its broad spectrum of programs. The treasurer reminds us that it costs over $31,000 each month to operate your Jenks Center, and a large portion of those funds must come from contributions from people in Winchester who recognize the important role Jenks plays in the community life of this town.
- All Winchester residents 55 and over are automatically members of the Winchester Seniors Association (WSA).
- Membership dues are not required.
- The modest fees charged at the various events cover less than 50% of the actual costs.
- The monthly shortfall averages $5,900, which must be made up from our institutional funds and donations.
- 100% of your donation goes directly to running your Center.
- Please make your donation at whatever level you can afford.
- Everyone says, “Meet me at the Jenks.” We hope you will!